Matt Davis, PE, LEED AP
Growing up in a family of real estate developers, Matt has worked in all aspects of planning, designing, developing, and operating real estate over the past 25 years. This diversity is the foundation for his role in assisting tribal, municipal, and private developers balance their objectives with their limited resources and impact on their environment. He is passionate about understanding business and organizational needs while finding funding sources to assist with project development.
Matt, who joined Wightman in 1994 and became President in 2015, is married with two grown sons. When he’s not handling his responsibilities of working on municipal water, sewer, bridge, wastewater treatment, building and site design projects, you might find him in the wilderness camping, hiking, running, or mountain biking with friends.
Areas of Focus
- Tribal government projects
- Local government projects
- Funding & grant applications
- Project planning development & management
- Making problem projects successful
- Multi-jurisdictional & complex projects
- Project team development
B.S. Architectural Engineering
University of Colorado, Boulder, CO
Professional Training & Registrations
- Professional Engineer in Michigan
- Construction Site Certified Stormwater Operator Michigan
- Soil Erosion & Sedimentation Control Certified
- PSMJ Principals Bootcamp & Project Managers Bootcamp
- Various Leadership Trainings including: Emotional Intelligence, Crucial Conversations, Catalyst University as well as others.
- American Council of Engineering Companies of Michigan (ACEC-MI) Firm of the Year for 2016
- Wightman Rock Star Award Winner
Affiliations & Memberships
- American Council for Engineering Companies of Michigan (ACEC-MI)
- Junior Achievement Volunteer
- Michigan's Great Southwest Strategic Leadership Council
- Leadership Accelerator Strategy Committee
- Several construction boards of appeals
- Regional Board for Horizon Bank
- Cornerstone Alliance Chairman's Advisory Council
Love spending time in the wilderness and with close friends.