Gregory Monberg, AIA, LEED AP BD+C, ALEP, MBA
Director of Architecture, Trustee on the Board of Directors
Greg is a recognized thought leader in educational architectural design. He joined Wightman as Director of Architecture in 2017, prior to which he was Director of Design Research for Fanning Howey Associates, including 22 years as a project architect, project manager, and firm principal. He is an advocate for meeting client’s needs through the Design Thinking process, a collaborative process that delivers high-quality, cost-effective solutions.
Greg serves as the Midwest Great Lakes Regional representative on the Accredited Learning Environment Planner (ALEP) Commission for the Association for Learning Environments (A4LE), and as governor of the Michigan/Indiana Areas for the organization.
Areas of Focus
- Architectural design
- Educational facility planning
- Master planning
- Sustainable design
- Strategic planning
- Project management
- Design thinking
- Thought leadership
- Training & development
- Market research
- Technical Skills: AutoCAD, SketchUP, BIM, Adobe Photoshop & SPSS
University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN
Indiana University South Bend, South Bend, IN
Professional Training & Registrations
- Licensed Architect in Michigan, Indiana, Illinois & Ohio
- Accredited Learning Environment Planner (ALEP)
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Accredited Professional in Building Design and Construction (LEED AP BD+C)
- National Council of Architecture Registration Boards (NCARB) Certified
- Various Leadership Trainings including: Emotional Intelligence, Crucial Conversations, Catalyst University as well as others.
- Distinguished Service Award, Midwest Great Lakes Region, Council of Educational Facility Planners International
- Marketing Honor Award, Judd Leighton School of Business and Economics, Indiana University, South Bend
- Wightman Rock Star Award Winner
Affiliations & Memberships
- Schools for the Children of the World
- Association for Learning Environments (A4LE)
- Habitat for Humanity
- Trustee on the Wightman Board of Directors
Since living for a year in Italy during college, Greg loves to travel, seeking out places with interesting people, good music, great food, and beautiful scenery.